11.11.2010

Enchilada Casserole

Enchilada Casserole Recipe

Beef Casserole Recipes

I have been searching for yummy and healthy recipes lately to try and keep my weight somewhat maintained during the last few weeks of pregnancy. (did I mention I've only gained 7 lbs?! this pg so far!!) I found this recipe HERE. I made it tonight for dinner and had to share it with you all, it was seriously that good!

beef enchilada casserole

I also made some Mexican rice and homemade crock pot pinto beans to go with it!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground beef (we used ground turkey)
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 1 can of enchilada sauce
  • 1 can of tomato sauce
  • 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese (we use the low fat 2% milk cheese)
  • Dozen corn tortillas
Directions:
Brown hamburger (or turkey) and onion then drain. Add any extra seasonings, garlic, salt, pepper, etc.
In a medium bowl, combine hamburger meat and sauces.
Layer in a 9" X 13" baking dish starting with corn tortillas, next the meat mixture, and cheese, (usually 2 total layers)
beef enchilada casserole picture
beef enchilada casserole
Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly!
"I serve with sour cream and diced avocados on top, very good."
Enjoy this Mexican Casserole
enchilada casserole

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=26df2a4744ddce2c687f5006f8a43666