This will be the first year we take our little guy out for some trick-or-treating, and to be honest I am pretty stoked about it! I thought I'd share some pretty interesting Halloween factoids I stumbled upon...
1. If you see a spider on this night, it could be the spirit of a dead loved one who is watching you.
2. To meet a witch, put your clothes on inside out and walk backwards on Halloween night.
3. If your pumpkin lantern shrivels up, you can restore it by soaking it overnight in water to re hydrate it.
4. Halloween is second only to Christmas in spending. Consumers will spend over $2.5 Billion during Halloween. That's a whole lot of candy, costumes, decorations, and party goods.
5. It is believed that the Irish began the tradition of Trick or Treating. In preparation for All Hallow's Eve, Irish townsfolk would visit neighbors and ask for contributions of food for a feast in the town.
The carving of jack-o'-lanterns originated from the tradition of carving the faces of lost souls into hollowed out pumpkins and turnips. A candle was placed inside the carvings making the faces glow. The Halloween lanterns were placed on doorsteps to ward off evil spirits.
Here's My Pumpkin Masterpiece
I love Pirates of the Caribbean, can you tell this is the Black Pearl?!
Here's little L in his Garden Gnome Costume!
I figure this is the only time I will get away with putting him in silly costumes.
It's only a matter of time before he decides it's much cooler to be some kind of big boy superhero!
I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Halloween!