3.21.2010

where do you go?

I have three types of friends right now.
1. The still in college sorority sisters. (focused on a degree, boys, partys, and studying)
2. The newly engaged crew. (focused on wedding planning)
3. The newly divorced moms. (focused on freedom and major feminism)

Notice I'm not in any of those? I stand alone through this journey of a newly wed mother. It's hard to make time for the friends listed above, and to be honest they don't seem too interested since Oreos (LL's) arrival. I like imagining a world where we are all at the same time and point in our lives. Having a coffee while the kiddies play and we chat about husbands and the latest baby trends. I'm not sure where to turn to find this? Do I venture off and find a new group of friends while I wait for the ones listed above to catch up and settle into where I'm at now? Who know's where I will be at that point...probably at my sons high school graduation! I will then be sitting there wishing they also had kids that just left for college and need a shoulder to lean on. Big D often asks me why I love blogging so much, and I always reply with "they are the only mom's I have to talk to." It's so true. Aside from my amazing mother that I spend every open minute of my life with (happily I might add)! You ladies are the only mommy support I have! So where do you turn to find your mommy fix? Did your friends have kids at the same time as you, or are you stuck like me?!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=26df2a4744ddce2c687f5006f8a43666