11.20.2009

Feed Me Friday- Tomato Bisque Soup

Hooray! It's Feed Me Friday again! I am sharing another one of my favorite recipes! I usually make this one if I am having company because the recipe really makes a lot! This tomato soup is loved by both regular tomato soup fans and even non-tomato soup fans! I don't like regular tomato soup but I love this soup! The recipe is from a local restaurant that is famous for this dish. The Beach Bar in Jackson, MI. Enjoy!




Beach Bar Tomato Soup

What you Need:


1/2 cup butter
1 small onion chopped fine (I usually blend mine in my magic bullet)
1 (26oz) can tomato soup
1 qt half and half
1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp basil or dill
1 qt stewed tomatoes (I don't like green pepper so I substitute italian diced tomatoes)
12 oz. cream cheese (blend with half and half to get smooth consistency)
Saute butter and onion. Add other ingredients. Heat on low heat watching so it doesn't stick to pan. Very rich and filling.

**Optional--Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and croutons***

Soooo good, everyone will go crazy over this soup!!

3 comments:

The Bormann Family said...

Thanks for checking out our blog and following, yours is super cute. I'm a follower of yours now too.

ZenMom said...

Yum. I've got to try this one! Thanks for sharing.

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip said...

Awesome recipe! Totally going to test it out on my family this week!!! I love your bloggie. I am into crunchy organic stuff too! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looking forward to reading more from you. You have a beautiful family.

Naomi from organicmotherhoodwithcoolwhip.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
ss_blog_claim=26df2a4744ddce2c687f5006f8a43666